- About KRIHS
The organization of KRIHS is composed of the Board of Directors, Research Advisory Council, President, Vice-President, Architecture & Urban Research Institute, five divisions, and eighteen centers.
Han Woosuk /
Environment & Resources Research Division
- Tel : 044-960-0282 / Fax : SAJo0CrACqTayNVoYSKG+w==
- Research Areas
- Disaster Prevenion, Water Resource
Education• 2010 : Ph.D. Civil & Environmental Engineering (Water Resource) University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah in U.S.
• 2005 : M.S. Civil & Environmental Engineering (Water Resource) University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah in U.S.
• 2001 : B.S. Geoinformatic Engineering IN-HA University, In-cheon, South-Korea
Career• 2017 ~ Present : Membership of City Planning Committee, Jeju Special Self-Governing Province
• 2017 ~ Present : Korean Society of Disaster & Security, Committee of Publication
• 2015 ~ Present : Membership of Technical Advice Committee, The Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
Major Articles / books / Reports• Research on Regional Resilience Improvement Coping with Flooding Disaster by Climate Change Effect (II) – Reinforcing Resilience in Urban Planning, 2017.01 ~ 2017.12, Chief of Research, Funded by NRC National Research Council for Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences, International Joint Research with WWC in U.S.
• Research on Regional Resilience Improvement Coping with Flooding Disaster by Climate Change Effect (I) – Development and Application of Resilience Assessment Methods, 2016.01 ~ 2016.12, Chief of Research, Funded by NRC, International Joint Research with WWC in U.S.
• Resilience Strategies for Climate Change and Flooding: Knowledge Sharing, 2016.04 ~ 2016.10, Chief of Research, Funded by MOLIT, International Joint Research with WWC in U.S.
• The Study of Development Direction for Urban Policy to Intensify Urban Resilience Coped with Natural Disaster, 2015.1 ~ 2015.07, Chief of Research, Funded by MOLIT, International Joint Research with WWC in U.S.
• The Study for Developing of Flood Analysis Approach considering Territory Changes, 2014.09 ~ 2014.11, , Chief of Research, Funded by KRIHS
• A Study on Indicators Development and Investment Direction for Life Oriented Water Resource Policy, 2014.03 ~ 2014.12, Co-Researcher, Funded by KRIHS
• The Use of Spatial Big Data for Planning Policy Support, 2014.03 ~ 2014.12, Co-Researcher, Funded by KRIHS
• A Study on Improvement of the Urban Flooding Disaster Prevention System coped with Climate Change, 2013.03 ~ 2013.12, Chief of Research, KRIHS
• A Study on the Construction of Demand-oriented Flood Disaster Monitoring System based on Geospatial Big Data, 2013.07 ~ 2013.12, Co-Researcher, Funded by LH Korea Land and Housing Corporation and LX Korea Land and Geospatial InformatiX Corporation
• A Study on the Urban Adaptation Plan for Climate Change (II), 2011.09 ~ 2012.07, Co-Researcher, MOLIT
• Establishment of Master Plan for Water Resource Project in North Korea, 2011.04 ~ 2012.02, Co-Researcher, Water Resource Corporation
• National Urban Disaster Prevention Research Center Annual Report, 2012.01 ~ 2012.04, Co-Researcher, KRIHS
• A Study on the Urban Adaptation Plan for Climate Change (I), 2010.10 ~ 2011.07, Co-Researcher, MOLIT
• A Study on Analysis of the Vulnerability of Territory to Climate Change Effect and Adaptation Plan, 2011.03 ~ 2012.02, Co-Researcher, MOLIT
• The Systematic Plan of River Preparing for Climate Change, 2011.02 ~ 2011.07, Co-Researcher, KRIHS
• Study on the Utilization of National Standard Climate Change Scenarios, 2010.03 ~ 2010.11, Co-Researcher, KMA Korea Meteorological Administration
• Han, W.S. et al., (2017) Flooding Disaster Prevention part in “Disaster Management”, 2nd Edition, Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation
• Han, W.S. (2017) “Regional Approaches to Climate Resilient Flood Management: Lessons for Korea”, WWC on-line brief
• Han, W.S. “Regional Resilience Improvement coped with Flooding Disaster by Climate Change Effect (I) : Development of Resilience Assessment Methods”, KRIHS Special Report 36.
• Han, W.S., “Research on Urban Policy Development for Urban Resilience Reinforcement”, KRIHS Special Report 26.
• Han, W.S. et al., (2015) “The Analysis Method of Future Flooding Discharge considering Climate and Land-use Change using Dyna-CLUE.”, J. of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 15(6), PP1-11.
• Han, W.S. et al., (2013) “Climate Change in Korea and Urban Disaster Sensitivity Assessment Model.”, J. of Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, 14(5), PP357-362.
• Han, W.S. et al., (2012) “The Proposal of Evaluation Method for Local Government Infrastructure Vulnerability Relating to Climate Change Driven Flood.”, Climate Change Research, 3(1), PP25-37.
• Han, W.S. et al., (2011) “Assessment of satellite-based rainfall estimates in urban areas in different geographic and climatic regions.” Natural Hazards. 56(3), PP 733-747
• Han, W.S. et al., (2009) “Determining effective impervious area for urban hydrologic modeling.” Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. 14(2), PP 111-120