Major Research Projects
- Research activities
- Major research projects
2021 Research Objectives
Taking into account changes in the domestic and overseas research environment and operating goals, KRIHS seeks to become a leader in developing new national land policies in an era of hope. In order to achieve its 2021 goal, KRIHS has laid out the following three research directions:
i) leading mid-to long-term national land policy and strengthening research on issues
related to people's livelihood; ii) Reinforcement of research cooperation networks and spread of performance;
and iii) realize management innovation and social values for a healthy organizational culture.
Based on the above, KRIHS sets on becoming a leader in national land development policy
through carrying out diverse research activities (e.g. basic, regular and outsourced researches).
2021 Research Activities
Factoring in the government policy stance and policy agendas, KRIHS will focus its research capability on the following six areas in 2021 so as to further contribute to the formulation of national policies:
- 1)Create a foundation for sustainable decentralized balanced national development. We strive to develop sustainable land, establish the 5th comprehensive national land plan, and improve the effectiveness of the national land plan evaluation system. We strengthen regional win-win and cooperation for decentralized balanced national development, and lead the innovation of industrial locations and job creation in response to the 4th industrial revolution. In addition, we support the policy of implementing the New Economic Map on the Korean Peninsula toward a peaceful era.
- 2)We pursue the development of inclusive urban policies to improve the quality of life of the people. Prepare urban policies to bridge the gap in urban living services and come up with practical urban regeneration New Deal policies that lead urban innovation. In addition, we strive to improve urban sustainability through urban disaster prevention and intelligence in the use of water resources, and to prepare smart city policies to solve urban problems and foster new industries.
- 3)Reinforce real estate policies and the foundation of the real estate industry for housing stability. Establish inclusive housing policies for housing stability and strengthen real estate market stability policies in response to changes in future conditions. And we support construction and real estate industry policies to create jobs.
- 4)Conduct infrastructure policy research for national development of inclusion and innovation. Promote advanced infrastructure policies to improve and manage infrastructure to improve the quality of life of local residents, to invest and manage roads to strengthen inclusive land development and publicity, and to create innovative land spaces.
- 5)Implement a smart national territory that leads the Fourth industrial revolution. Implement a digital twin space (DTS) that drives the Fourth Industrial Revolution and establish a data-based national land diagnosis and simulation system. Expand global spatial information infrastructure cooperation for sustainable development.
- 6)We strive to establish a system to improve global development cooperation performance. We push for customized development cooperation to meet the diverse demands of the recipient countries. In addition, we conduct systematic international joint research to enhance the effectiveness of development cooperation and discover projects to strengthen public and private cooperation.